Compassus Hospice is looking for Bi-Lingual Volunteers to join our Hospice team! We have terminally ill patients in Torrance and surrounding cities so if you are compassionate and friendly we are looking for you.
Hospice volunteers can help in the following ways:
Direct Patient Care: Visit patients and spend time watching tv, playing games, talking or simply holding their hand.
Respite: By giving 3-4 hours of your time, you can let the caregiver leave the house to get a much needed break. Oftern caring for a loved one on hospice is stressful and caregivers need a moment to breathe and destress so they can continue giving round the clock care.
Angel Watch- There are times where a patient doesn't have family or friends and may be actively dying. Angels are special people who will sit bedside with the patient while they are minutes or hours from dying. Special training provided to be an Angel.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a month
- 2 step tb, physical
- Looking for Veterans in LA and OC
- Pet Therapy Volunteers in LA Area
- Hospice "Welcome Calls"
- Bi-Lingual Hospice Volunteers...
- "No One Dies Alone" Program in...
- Bilingual Visitors for Hospice...
- Massage Therapists Wanted Orange...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Wanted in...
- Friendly Visitors Wanted in LA...
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers...