National Kidney Foundation Serving Washington State (Seattle)
Volunteer Job Description
Job Title: Media Volunteer
Date Written: January 30, 2017
Location: National Kidney Foundation Serving Washington State
The National Kidney Foundation serving the Pacific Northwest in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska seeks a media volunteer to assist with public relations, communications and marketing for local special events and other community-based awareness campaigns.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires approximately 6-8 hours of volunteer activity per month to help send out press releases or media advisories to local reporters and conduct pre and post event phone calls to news outlets. Media Volunteers will be provided with a list of reporters to contact along with all contact information.
- Media Volunteers are also provided with all the materials including template press releases, talking points and media advisories.
- Media Volunteers will participate in monthly conference calls with the National Office Marketing and Communications department to learn about the specific initiatives, share success stories, and receive help and guidance with publicizing the local initiatives.
- College students or adults with background or interest in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
CONTACT: Kenneth Rackers, Development and Office Manager, Kenneth.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours per month
- Background or Interest in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism