The Rainbow Project is looking for a volunteer to plan,organize, and run (with help) the Silent Auction portion of its annual fundraiser, Rhumba for Rainbow.
The Rainbow Project is a Madison non-profit counseling clinic that provides crisistreatment and early intervention services for young children and their families who have experienced or witnessed trauma, including child sexual abouse, neglect, and/or domestic violence.
Rhumba for Rainbow is Madison's annual premier salsa event and fundraiser to prevent child abuse and domestic violence. It is multi-faceted featuring a professional salsa dance showcase, celebrity dance challenge, open salsa dance competition, silent auction, raffle, and more. It also provides a platform for Rainbow to spread awareness of its mission, honor high-achieving and dedication volunteers and community members, and raise money in order to continue to provide services.
Duties of the Silent Auction Chair include:
- Mailing Silent Auction letters
- Follow up calls/emails to Silent Auction letters
- Scheduling of drop off/pick up of Silent Auction items
- Assembling SA baskets one week before event
- Setting up SA the day of
- Creating and printing SA description sheets and bid sheets
- Follow-up after SA--thank you's, tracking of amount made versus amount donated
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; more time required as event gets closer