We need volunteers to help our organization run a successful charity 5K event on April 15th, 2017!
Our event will donate all the proceeds to Be The Match, a nonprofit dedicated to providing bone marrow transplants to cancer patients when appropriately matched. Be The Match also holds the largest bone marrow registry. We are also holding this event in honor of a local Woodbridge resident, who has found a donor match through Be The Match.
Volunteers can be of any age! If you are 13 and older (and have parental consent if under 18), you are eligible to volunteer. Those younger than 13 need to have a parent, guardian, or mature older family or friend with them.
- Local Planning Committee (weekly meetings, planning race logistics)
- Registration Packet Pickup (before race day, dates TBD)
- Registration Area
- Bone Marrow Drive Assistant (Race Day Only)
- Early Setup Crew
- Afternoon Breakdown Crew
- Hospitality/Refreshment Station
- Donor Management
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- On race day, we need volunteers from 7am to 1pm.
- Volunteers 13+ need parental consent. Under 13, must have parent/guardian, or older volunteer 13+