H.O.M.E Mentor stands for Hope, Opportunity, Motivation, Encouragement. Catholic Charities is seeking committed volunteers to serve as mentors for the Shelter and Housing Mentoring program for homeless families and individuals. Catholic Charities is in need of male mentors to work with our male clients who have suggested they would be more comfortable having a male mentor. All genders are still welcome.
This seven-month program serves families and individuals leaving our shelters to complete their transition to independent living, families who have already found affordable housing, and residents of The Palms Inn permanent supportive housing program. Each client that participates is matched with a trained mentor who offers emotional support, advice on life-skills, and a link to the wider community by identifying and locating community resources. Mentors are supported by the Mentoring Coordinator, who provides guidance to mentors, helps clients and mentors connect with community resources, and provides monthly support sessions for continuing training and self-care.
The schedule and format of mentoring is flexible. Catholic Charities values a diversity of people, personalities and backgrounds. The program has been developed for people with other commitments, including family, careers and other volunteer service.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 7 months; Really flexible timing.
- Must pass background check and TB test
- H.O.M.E Mentor
- Karaoke Group at Homeless Shelter
- Cashier Needed at Restyle...
- I’m Home Alone Caller
- Male Mentors Needed
- Immigration Department Office...
- Family Shelter Front Desk...
- Homeless Shelter Yoga Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Volunteer Fitness Instructors...
- Bingo Group at Homeless Shelter
- Lead a fun and Active Zumba...
- Volunteers Needed for Rural Food...
- Hairstylist for Homeless Shelters
- Childcare at Rainbow House
- Alzheimer’s Respite Day Care...
- Volunteer Drivers for Seniors
- Science Project Volunteer at...
- Human Resource Assistant