Marketing and Communications Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where555 Valley StreetDayton, OH 45404
RMHC Dayton is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of marketing and communications support to RMHC’s development team. While this position is unpaid, RMHC will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience and familiarity with areas including social media management, website development, business writing, publications and printing, partner relations, event marketing, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization.
Flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). A firm commitment of 10- 12 hours per week is required.
* Assist the Marketing and Communications Coordinator with social media tasks
* Research partners and corporate donors for the Vehicle Donation Program
* Write and schedule social media posts
* Assist in designing process for publications and promotional items
* Assist Events with Marketing tasks
* Assist with website management
* Compile documents for the BBB Eclipse Award
* Written communciations
* Strong written and oral communication abilities
* Desire to learn more about the nonprofit sector, various software programs, and business communication
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Be a creative and motivated self-starter
* Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
* A demonstrated commitment to RMHC Dayton’s mission and values
* Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a resume by email to BMiller@RMHCdayton.org (please put "Marketing and Communications Intern" in the subject line). The position is available for immediate hire, with applications considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. No phone calls, please.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management. Please visit our website at www.RMHCdayton.org to learn more.
RMHC Dayton is an equal opportunity employer.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 - 12 hrs per week