Special Events / Fundraiser Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where555 Valley StreetDayton, OH 45404
Under the direction of the Special Events & Partnership Development Director, the intern will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Development department.
General responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of meetings and events
- Assisting with the creation of hard and soft copy files
- Assisting in communications around event management including timelines, calendars and reports
- Assisting with onsite event management (event steward), and set-up
- Assisting with special events
- Observing client intake and event logistics
- Assisting in on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and AV support
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of mailing, media and guests lists
- Assisting in providing customer service to RMHC donors
- Assisting with answering phones and transferring calls to appropriate staff
Intern will gain and/or improve upon his or her:
- General communication skills
- Understanding of inner workings of nonprofit organization
- All aspects of Event Planning
- Logistical Support of Special Events
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and donor satisfaction
- Catering operating procedures and event execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Understanding of special events and hospitality industry
- General customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone work) and written communication skills
- Basic computer processing skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) and Internet
- Interest in Special Events and/or Hospitality Industry
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Previous internship experience is preferred not required
- Preference will be given to those seeking academic credit
Requirements: RMHC is looking for an undergraduate student in the Dayton and Surrounding areas who is majoring in Special Events, Hospitality or Marketing. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. Majors Special Events, Hospitality & Marketing
Compensation: College credit is also highly encouraged and available upon school approval. This is an unpaid position.
Time: Flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). A firm commitment of 10- 12 hours per week is required.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a resume by email to KHunt@RMHCdayton.org (please put "Special Events Intern" in the subject line). The position is available for immediate hire, with applications considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. No phone calls, please. While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management. Please visit our website at www.RMHCdayton.org to learn more.
RMHC Dayton is an equal opportunity employer.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 - 12 hrs per week