Jersey Coast Academy (JCA) is a charity based non-profit organization committed to providing athletic opportunities to assist student-athletes with their quest to qualify for an athletic scholarship, while earning an Associates degree. The NO STUDENT-ATHLETE BEHIND foundation aims to help economically disadvantaged student-athletes gain opportunities to pursue their goals of playing sports beyond high school. The Grant Writer is an ongoing position. The Grant Writer reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for researching and writing foundation grants for the best interest of the Academy.
- Oversee all fundraising initiatives
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
Essential functions/working conditions:
- Must have at least a 2-year background in prospect research and writing grants
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a track record of succesful grant submissions
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to connect with others and develop relationships
- Committed to the mission of serving student-athletes
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain detailed records and confidential information
- Executive Admin
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 10-25 hours per week