Help Change Someone’s Future
Become a Literacy DuPage Volunteer Tutor!
We are currently recruiting tutors to help more than 200 learners improve their foundational English skills to get jobs, support their families and thrive in their communities.
What makes a great tutor?
- Passion for helping and teaching and seeing their learner grow.
- Patience to help learners where they’re at and slowly improve over time.
- Empathy to understand the learner may be balancing work, family and other responsibilities, all in a community where they may not speak with language.
- Resourcefulness to connect learners with the information and tools they need to thrive.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you! Go to our website, www.literacydupage.org, call us at (630) 416-6699 to attend the orientation at the Nichols Library on Saturday Septmeber 16, 2017 from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
Help us continue our important work of empowering adults, families and communities through literacy.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/wk for 6 mos after being trained as tutor.
- After orientation session, volunteer tutor attends training sessions prior to tutoring.