Use Your Sewing, knitting and quilting Skills For Good
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Hospice is looking for people with sewing skills to make Memory bears and pillows for our patients families.
Knitting skills and quilting skills for lap blankets and quilts we will supply materials when available
Memory bears and memory pillows are made from a loved ones clothing that has past. They serve as a memory token and can be held in a time of grief. We are looking for churches and sewing circles that might be interested in helping us to make these items. Compassus will supply the stuffing and the clothes.
Contact me for more information.
Hospice, 2101 Oregon Pike, Suite 301, Lancaster, PA 17601, US
At Compassus our mission is serving terminally ill patients and families with Compassion, Integrity and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest comfort and care for those who experience one of life's most intimate and challenging moments. Compassus volunteers are an integral part of our patient and family care. Volunteers give time, talent, energy and ideas for end of life comfort, enhanced quality of life, hope and happiness. If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer experience, join our team as a Compassus colleague- you help everyone succeed!
Comapssus is searching for reliable, compassionate volunteers to visit with patients in Lancaster County.
I would love to have volunteers who are willing to do any of the following:
- share companionship/ social visits with patients
- spend time doing directed activities with our Alzheimer's/ Dementia patients
- provide music therapy
- share the gift of pet therapy
- help out in the office
- do activities with other Compassus Volunteers as a group at local nursing home or assisted living
- make bereavement calls with families who have recently had a loss
- work from your home to make crafts to be presented to Compassus Hospice patients
- take a patient outside
- help patients stay focused a meal time
- provide short periods of respite care for caregivers
- give the gift of presence or hold the hand of a patient who is non-verbal
- take a patient to an activity at their facility
- Provide support for our Veterans Program - www.wehonorveterans.com
Orientation and training will be provided at your convenience. I can help you with ideas/ activities for your patient visits if needed. Volunteers of all ages are welcome. If you are interested in volunteering your time please let me know... we would be honored to have you as a part of the Compassu family.