Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore Cashier Assistant
5 people are interested
Habitat for Humanitry MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore is looking for volunteer cashier support. ReStore is Habitat's open to the public retail outlet which sells donated new and gently used home furnishings and build materials. The proceeds from all items sold at ReStoe go to funding our home build mission.
We are looking for volunteers for the following shifts, Thursdays/Friday/Saturday from 9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Volunteer tasks will consist of the following;
- Recieve and disburse money
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Weigh or measure items sold by height or weight in order to determine prices.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
Please send a resume to Molly Pietrantonio at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out at the above e-mail address or calling 508-799-9259 ext 113.
About Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest / Greater Worcester
11 Distributor ROad, Worcester, MA 01605, US
Habitat for Humanity -- MetroWest/ Greater Worcester is an independently-operated affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Founded as an affiliate in 1985, we are a non-profit, ecumenical, Christian housing ministry dedicated to making shelter a matter of conscience. Building relationships and community is as important to us as building homes. We welcome people of all faith affiliations and backgrounds to join together in partnership and lend a hand to those in need of simple, decent, safe, affordable housing.
At Habitat for Humanity--MetroWest/Greater Worcester (HFH-MW/GW), our motto is "A hand up, not a handout." We are dedicated to building houses with families, not for them. We partner with hardworking families who earn between 25% - 60% of the area median income and do not qualify for other homeownership programs. Not only do Habitat families pay for their homes through a monthly mortgage, they also put in between 400 and 500 hours of sweat equity prior to becoming homeowners.
The Habitat for Humanity-MetroWest/Greater Worcester also has a retail outlet, ReStore. ReStore is a retail outlet that sells quality, gently-used and surplus construction and home improvement materials as well as home furnishings for a fraction of regular retail prices. The ReStore offers great deals on building supplies, making your home improvements more affordable while providing much needed funding for the work of Habitat for Humanity-MetroWest/Greater Worcester.
We'll work with your schedule.
310 Pond StreetAshland, MA 01721
October 11, 2018
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 or 8 hour shifts