Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore Cashier Assistant
5 people are interested
Habitat for Humanitry MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore is looking for volunteer cashier support. ReStore is Habitat's open to the public retail outlet which sells donated new and gently used home furnishings and build materials. The proceeds from all items sold at ReStoe go to funding our home build mission.
We are looking for volunteers for the following shifts, Thursdays/Friday/Saturday from 9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Volunteer tasks will consist of the following;
- Recieve and disburse money
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Weigh or measure items sold by height or weight in order to determine prices.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
Please send a resume to Molly Pietrantonio at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out at the above e-mail address or calling 508-799-9259 ext 113.
We'll work with your schedule.
310 Pond StreetAshland, MA 01721
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 or 8 hour shifts