Accountant Manager volunteer needed to work with our Non Profit. They are responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities for the organization. S/he supports the team in managing/reporting for revenue, and expenses. The Accounting Manager will lead all day-to-day finance operations - including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Accounting Manager will work closely with program directors and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations. This volunteer position has the potential of becoming a paid position within the organization.
Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with standards and regulatory requirements.
· Prepare and provides accurate and timely financial reporting and data analyses to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
· Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets, and actual expenditures.
· Oversee the management of cash collection and disbursements and ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
· Review cash account activity a daily basis; research and resolve discrepancies and issues.
· Oversee all financial, project, program/department, grants, and fund accounting.
· Prepare and post journal entries as necessary for corrections or reconciliations or year-end/quarter-end/month-end activities.
· Completes financial reports for federal, state and private funds.
· Perform accounts analysis and reconciliations on all sub-ledgers for all programs.
· Develop, document and maintain processes and procedures for the Fiscal Department.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the CFO; prepare the year-end financial statements and footnotes.
· Prepare, review and file reports and filings to satisfy contractual, regulatory, and legal requirements.
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Work experience managing the accounting functions in a non-profit agency, or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
· Knowledge of best practices for non-profit accountability.
· Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,), including experience using Excel for data analysis and financial modeling.
· Strong knowledge in computerized accounting systems necessary.
· Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment; strong interpersonal skills.
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment