"The measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members." -- Mahatma Gandhi
Comfort Choice Hospice Care is seeking volunteers to provide emotional support, companionship and practical support for patients and their families.
We are looking for a 3 hour commitment per week to visit a patient. No nursing or nursing assistant duties expected. Talk, read, sing, play music or play a game. Please take the time to consider volunteering with an individual on hospice service. Hospice volunteers add to the patient’s and family’s quality of life. You may find you receive more than you give.
Patient Care Volunteers go through a comprehensive training before being assigned to visit a patient. A TB test is required which we provide at no cost here in the office. And a background check is run so a valid social security # is needed in order to do so.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week
- Open heart and mind, a willingness to help, an acceptance of others
- Bereavement Volunteers for...
- Military Veteran Volunteer
- Office/Administrative Volunteer
- Tech Savvy Volunteer; Computers,...
- Patient Care Volunteer for...
- Patient Care Volunteer for Hospice
- Music Therapy (MT) Hospice...
- Aromatherapy Volunteers
- Human Resources (HR) Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer