Comfort Choice Hospice Care is seeking volunteers to provide emotional support, companionship and practical support for patients and their familes.
Hospice patients have been diagnosed with a terminal illness that usually completes their life within 3-6 months if the disease runs its natural course.
Hospice care takes place wherever a patient considers home such as their own residence, families residence or a facility.
Volunteers are needed to visit these patients in order to provide a unique individualized support that makes an almost indescribable difference in the remaining life of the patient and their family.
If you are looking to make a difference in a priceless way I would love to hear from you.
Patient Care Volunteers go through a comprehensive training before being assigned to visit a patient. A TB test is required which we provide at no cost here in the office. And a background check is run so a valid social security # is needed in order to do so.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week
- Open heart and mind, a willingness to help, an acceptance of others
- Bereavement Volunteers for...
- Military Veteran Volunteer
- Office/Administrative Volunteer
- Tech Savvy Volunteer; Computers,...
- Patient Care Volunteer for...
- Patient Care Volunteer for Hospice
- Music Therapy (MT) Hospice...
- Aromatherapy Volunteers
- Human Resources (HR) Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer