Goal of the Summer Meal Program: Provide Edmonds School District students who are experiencing homelessness or are low income with weekday lunches and physical activities so they can stay active, healthy and nourished during summer breaks.
Goal of the Summer Meal Program Assistant Volunteer: Assist with summer meal program to ensure all students receive lunch to help with physical activities and games, and coordinate oversite of students.
Volunteer Activities may include, but not limited to:
- Welcome parents as they drop off students
- Assist with signing in of students
- Help distribute lunches
- Return unwanted food to the sharing table
- Guide students to clean up after lunch is over
- Participate in physical activities and games
- Engage with students to feel welcomed
- Make sure the facility is cleaned and picked up
- Make sure all kids have been released to an authorized parent or guardian
- Successfully pass a Washington state background check
- Ability to engage in physical activities
- 18 years of age
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Sensitivity to issues effecting low-income students
Site locations in the Lynnwood/Edmonds area. Specific sites TBD. Runs Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 1 pm
- Child Development
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least once per week, 3 hrs per day.
- Ability to work well with kids aged 5 to 18, consistency, dependability, patience.