SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Jamul; working to rescue, rehabilitate, and care for southern California's wild urban parrot populations.
We are currently seeking reliable, enthusiastic people for weekday Animal Care shifts.
Duties as an Animal Care volunteer include: sweeping, mopping, changing cage and perch stand liners, scrubbing cages, raking, refilling food dishes, washing dishes, hanging enrichment, etc.
Must be willing to spend 2 to 4 hours per shift on a weekly basis at our sanctuary in Jamul.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to gain more Animal Care/husbandry experience. All training is provided on-site and no previous parrot experience is necessary.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months; 1 shift per week, 2 to 4 hours per shift
- Under 18 must have parent/guardian with them at all times (this role is not approved for under 15)
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Grants and Fundraising for local...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Weekly Animal Care - farm...