SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit group based in San Diego, which works to rescue, rehabilitate, and care for southern California's wild parrot flocks. Many of the injured parrots we take in are from the Pasadena area.
Rescue calls come in at all times of day, all days of the week. Baby season (late Spring through Summer) is our busiest time for rescues.
We are currently seeking LA-based volunteers who would be willing to pick up an injured or orphaned parrot (from Pasadena Humane Society or LA-based member of the public) and deliver it to another volunteer further south.
SoCal Parrot will provide you with all of the training and paperwork you'll need to be successful in this role. We do require you to have a reliable vehicle, flexible schedule, and strong ability to communicate.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months on active notify list
- Reliable vehicle, ability to receive group texts, willingness to drive often
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!