BikeSGV needs your help!
On April 1st, from 9am to 3pm, you or your group can sign up to complete a manual bike and pedestrian count OR conduct a street audit! You can count alone or in a pair or audit with friends, all ages are welcome. Youth under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Youth 16-18 years old must be in pairs.
What is a manual bike and pedestrian count!?
Volunteers are stationed at a location and they count the people walking and biking by.
What is a street audit?!
Volunteers walk or bike along a street and document what they see. Lighting, shade, safe sidewalks, etc.
- Training will be provided from 9am to 10am
- Data count/street audits from 10:50 to 1pm
- Thank You Celebration from 1pm to 3pm
All volunteers will get a free SGVCounts! T-shirt and lunch!
1. Visit http://www.bikesgv.org/sgv-counts.html and fill out the form
2. Come to training on the morning of April 1st (additional training dates and locations will be available to folks counting in the far west and east SGV)
3. Count or audit on April 1st from 11 am to 1 pm
4. Come back to BikeSGV Headquarters in El Monte, turn in your forms and celebrate with lunch, raffles and giveaways!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours (1-hr training, 2-hr count)