The WiderNet Project, a Chapel Hill non-profit organization affilated with UNC, seeks volunteers with a passion for the power of access to information and education.
Since 2001, The WiderNet Project has provided training and coaching on information technology solutions for underserved areas of the world. Our off-line eGranary Digital Library is installed in over 1,000 locations, from 26 African counties, to locations across India and Papua New Guinea.
In addition to the eGranary Digital library, we have also created the Corrections Offline Education Platform, designed for and in partnership with prisons in the United States.
Potential volunteer/internship tasks include, (but not limited to):
- Assisting with grass-roots publicity efforts of the COEP
- Social media
- Graphic Design
- Creating COEP portals
- Designing surveys
- Library Sciences
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Publicity Team
- Engineers Bridging the Digital...
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- Artists and Designers Bridging...
- eGranary Content Team and...
- Fundraisers Bridging the Digital...
- Systems Management Team
- Advocate for Education in Prisons
- Journalists Bridging the Digital...
- Technological Development
- Computer Tech Team