Thank you for taking the first step which was to show interest in learning more about how to become a coach with Town N Country Baseball. Before you read further, please understand our Team Managers and Coaching positions are 100% volunteer positions. Our park works with children ages 3-14 years old. Coaches are the most important component in the success of our youth baseball program, and the Board of Directors sincerely appreciates your willingness to donate your time and expertise to our program. It is a rewarding position that changes the lives of children in our community.
Youth PONY Baseball and Softball is designed to build good citizens. It is a program of leadership, preparing today's youth to be tomorrow's leaders. Our league relies on a devoted legion of adult volunteers to help ensure that the organization remains structured and runs smoothly. We are always looking for responsible and enthusiastic individuals to support of programs, especially our coaching staff. As a volunteer coach, you should have a keen interest in the safety, well-being, and overall development of children.
As you know, there can only be one head coach for each team. Therefore, the Board of Directors is charged with selecting the best possible head coaches otherwise known as Team Managers to run our teams. If you are not selected as a Team Manager, it is my sincere hope that you will find an alternative way to assist the program, either as an assistant coach, or in some other capacity.
The responsibility of a Volunteer Youth Baseball Coach and/or Team Manager is to ensure that proper baseball technique & fundamentals are taught and reiterated.
1. Must be able to pass a back ground check, complete the coaching certification class and concussion training.
2. All coaches, including assistants, are expected to fulfill his/her commitment to our children and must attend all practices and games for the current season.
3. Must possess the ability to work with other coaches, umpires, board members, parents, and most importantly - children!
4. Ability to efficiently solve problems
5. Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
6. Highly motivated self-starter; can work independently
7. Must possess a valid driver's license and own vehicle capable of transporting field equipment
8. Must have a cell phone and web/email access - efficient in both text and email communication
9. Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs (equipment)
10. Must be 18 years of age or older
11.Must have experience playing and/or coaching baseball
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 Hours per week minimum