Join us April 11 at our Senior Medicare Patrol Volunteer Information Session
WhenTue Apr 11, 2017, 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
WhereAging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #201Las Vegas, NV 89104
It is estimated that the Medicare fraud, waste and abuse problem approaches $60 billion. O ur volunteers take part in the fight against fraud, waste and abuse in Medicare by educating Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers on how to PROTECT themselves from medical identity theft, and how to DETECT and REPORT errors, fraud and abuse. Some SMP volunteers accomplish this education through staffing booths at outreach events (such as health fairs and senior events) and/or giving presentations to various groups of people. Other volunteers, with additional training, assist in counseling and researching reports of questionable billing and service delivery practices received on our Help Line.
Join us on Tuesday, April 11 for our volunteer information session. It starts at 9:30 am and light refreshments will be served. At the session, you can:
- learn about the Senior Medicare Patrol volunteer program,
- ask any questions that you may have,
- meet other SMP volunteers,
Please register if you’re interested in learning more about this valuable opportunity to help our community. Our next meeting for prospective volunteers will be held on Tuesday, April 11 in our office at 1820 E. Sahara Avenue, Suite 201 at 9:30 am.
9:30 am - 10:45 am - Learn about the SMP Volunteer Program
10:45 am - Short Break - This provides an opportunity for those interested in becoming a volunteer to make a decision and continue with the volunteer orientation. Those that determine Senior Medicare Patrol is a good fit can continue with the orientation.
11:00 - Senior Medicare Patrol Volunteer Orientation, training introduction and next steps.
You can register by emailing Millie Thomas at email@example.com or calling her at (702) 486-2439.
Hope you will join us and fight the Medicare abuse problem.
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Got Time? Got Heart? Volunteer...
- Looking for Super People to...
- Lend a Hand -- Make an impact...
- Do you like making presentations?
- Got Time to Give Back. Help...
- Protect - Detect - Report......
- Join us April 11 at our Senior...
- Looking for Life Impacting...
- Advocate for older adults!
- Looking for service that impacts...
- Volunteer to help prevent...
- Volunteer as an Outreach...
- Older Adults living in long-term...
- Assist Seniors with Medicare...
- Medicare Benefits Specialist