Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance is seeking interested parties to join the Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance board. Membership is required to be on the board. Annual memberships are very affordable.
Our Mission is to protect & promote Lincoln Park’s Historic Sites through education and advocacy. We work with the Lincoln Park Historical Society and Historical Commission. Here's what we've accomplished over the years:
- Achieved historic designation status on former Lincoln Park Post Office (2004), and Mellus Newspapers Building (2005).
- Authored Arcadia Publishing book 'Lincoln Park'. (2005). Donated funds from book proceeds to the Historical Society.
- Received $17,000 technology grant for Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance and Lincoln Park Historical Society. (2006)
- Dedicated State Marker honoring former Lincoln Park Post Office, now our historical museum. (2007)
- Received $1250 MotorCities National Heritage Area grant for tourism brochure on Preston Tucker's Lincoln Park life.
- MI State Historic Preservation Office declared a portion of North Fort Street as eligible for Historic District. (2008)
- Saved the Park Theatre, now Lincoln Park Lofts. Worked with Wayne Metro on structural issue.
- Pushed for Mellus Newspapers Building and 1132 Lafayette, a brick folk Victorian home, to be saved. Both demolished.
- Introduced quarterly lecture series, continuing our community projects and National Register listings.
- Annual Ghost Walk
The dedication of this group of volunteers makes Lincoln Park historic preservation possible. We have both immediate and future openings of the board. Enthusiasm and dedication are more important than specific skill sets. We’re a pretty hands-on board so there is a variety of ways for Directors to contribute. We welcome those with historic preseration degrees and experience as well as those simply interested in Lincoln Park's historic buildings and homes.
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 - 4 hours per month with monthly board meeting
- Membership required