10 people are interested
Great Board Member Wanted - Historic Preservation Organization
ORGANIZATION: Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance is seeking interested parties to join the Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance board. Membership is required to be on the board. Annual memberships are very affordable.
Our Mission is to protect & promote Lincoln Park’s Historic Sites through education and advocacy. We work with the Lincoln Park Historical Society and Historical Commission. Here's what we've accomplished over the years:
- Achieved historic designation status on former Lincoln Park Post Office (2004), and Mellus Newspapers Building (2005).
- Authored Arcadia Publishing book 'Lincoln Park'. (2005). Donated funds from book proceeds to the Historical Society.
- Received $17,000 technology grant for Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance and Lincoln Park Historical Society. (2006)
- Dedicated State Marker honoring former Lincoln Park Post Office, now our historical museum. (2007)
- Received $1250 MotorCities National Heritage Area grant for tourism brochure on Preston Tucker's Lincoln Park life.
- MI State Historic Preservation Office declared a portion of North Fort Street as eligible for Historic District. (2008)
- Saved the Park Theatre, now Lincoln Park Lofts. Worked with Wayne Metro on structural issue.
- Pushed for Mellus Newspapers Building and 1132 Lafayette, a brick folk Victorian home, to be saved. Both demolished.
- Introduced quarterly lecture series, continuing our community projects and National Register listings.
- Annual Ghost Walk
The dedication of this group of volunteers makes Lincoln Park historic preservation possible. We have both immediate and future openings of the board. Enthusiasm and dedication are more important than specific skill sets. We’re a pretty hands-on board so there is a variety of ways for Directors to contribute. We welcome those with historic preservation degrees and experience as well as those simply interested in Lincoln Park's historic buildings and homes.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance
PO Box 743, 1335 Southfield Road, LINCOLN PARK, MI 48146, US
The Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, more specifically to preserve, protect, and promote the historic resources of Lincoln Park, Michigan at the grassroots and Statewide levels
Our members share an appreciation for the value of historic resources, a commitment to the preservation of our heritage for future generations, and a desire to see the tangible evidence of Lincoln Park's past remain a living, contributing part of its future.
PO Box 7431335 Southfield RoadLINCOLN PARK, MI 48146
August 3, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Quarterly board meeting and an interest in historic preservation projects and events.
- Membership required