Hesperian Health Guides, non-profit publisher of Where There Is No Doctor and other grassroots health materials, is seeking a fracking research volunteer. The intern will work closely with staff to help do background research for several resources, including an extended annotated bibliography for activists and scientists and a pamphlet about the health effects of living near fracking sites.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. We are asking for an initial commitment of 3-5 hours/week for at least 3 months, which can be performed either at our office in downtown Berkeley, or remotely. Volunteers must also be willing to participate in weekly check in meetings.
- Compile research and write an annotated bibligraphy of fracking research
- Reach out to activist organizations to learn more about their work
- Work with staff to develop content
- Other projects according to need and interest
- Read and Analyze scientific studies, articles, and up-to-date data on fracking
- Strong interest in environmental health
- Attention to detail
- Scientific literacy in a relevant area such as Geology, Environmental Health, or Chemistry
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in Hesperian’s mission
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a resume and short cover letter (including an estimate of how much time you think you could devote to the project each week) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Fracking Research Volunteer. Position will remain open until filled.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 3-5 hours a week for 3 months.