VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Communications Intern for Spring Semester as well as early applicants for the summer. This is a nonpaid, part-time internship position with a required minimum of 15 hours per week. Key responsibilities include providing a wide variety of skilled communications support to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to all media, customers, staff and volunteers. Creating graphics and social media campaigns is a key function of the internship. Helping with correspondence surrounding events, tracking media impressions and creating collateral material for events.
* Work closely with the American Heart Association Digital Strategies Team to promote, plan and publicize the events, key months, and social media initiatives.
* Additional social media supporting surrounding key events.
* Writing social media content, including but not limited to generating content, utilizing software to create videos, creating graphics.
* Assist with the development and design of marketing and support materials.
* Communications and public relations writing and planning for American Heart Association initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Prefer for candidate to be a college junior/senior seeking degree in Public Relations & Advertising, Marketing or Graphic Design.
* Commitment of 15 hours per week at a minimum.
* Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
* Graphic Design a plus
* Video editing a plus
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Courtney Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week