VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: We are looking for creative minds and self-starters! Social Media Intern for the Fall Semester - Key responsibilities include providing a wide variety of skilled communications support including social media, graphics, video editing, traditional communications and PR as well as many other fun campaigns to promote the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association. Creating graphics and social media campaigns is a key function of the internship. There is a great opportunity to create fun and exciting pieces for your resume! Work with the digital strategies team for the opportunity to learn and improve skills. Make an impact on heart disease and stroke through social media support.
* Work closely with the American Heart Association Digital Strategies Team to promote, plan and publicize the events, key months, and social media initiatives.
* Additional social media supporting surrounding key events.
* Writing social media content, including but not limited to generating content, utilizing software to create videos, creating graphics.
* Assist with the development and design of marketing and support materials.
* Communications and public relations writing and planning for American Heart Association initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Prefer for candidate to be a college junior/senior seeking degree in Public Relations & Advertising, Marketing or Graphic Design
* Commitment of 15 hours per week
* Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
* Graphic Design a plus
* Video editing a plus
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Courtney Lee, email@example.com. Applications due by August 15.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week