About WIN: Wichita Women Initiative Network (WIN). WIN offers a supportive environment for women in transition, providing advocacy, and teaching that allows them to regain economic stability in today’s workforce.
Overview: WIN receives a variety of donations from the community. We need help to manage these donations.
Requirements for Volunteers: Volunteers for this position must be 1) at least 18 years of age, 2) be willing to make at least a one-hour per week commitment, and 3) complete volunteer training.
Training: All new volunteers for WIN complete the following requirements:
- Review and sign the WIN Volunteer Handbook
- Attend a one-hour Meaningful Free Lunch
- Complete the one hour training session
Overview of Responsibilities: This volunteer position includes tasks to:
- Organize and sort donations as they arrive
- Complete the donation tax forms for both the organization and the donor
- Help find donation for the Incentive Room*
- Organize and maintain the Incentive Room
- Take unused donation to other nonprofit organization that can use them
*The Incentive Room provides a variety of rewards for the participants as they complete their assignments and other activities. We are looking to have more items that are appropriate and provide an incentive for the women.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week