United for Success is a small school on 35th Avenue designed by parents, students, teachers and community members who wanted a safe, caring and high-achieving middle school in the heart of the Fruitvale district. We currently have 400 students in grades 6-8. We offer individual attention to students to accelerate their academic progress.
Students receive timely help when they have difficulty with their work. The comprehensive after-school program offers academic support, arts, dance, technology and sports. Our strong advisor system helps students reach challenging personal goals and develop the skills to be prepared for high school, college and life. Students are active as ambassadors, conflict managers, leaders, and school helpers.We need you to become a part of this community by supporting students when they are having difficulty. Volunteering just one hour once a week can make a huge different in their academic career!
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- West Oakland Middle School...
- Literacy Tutors Needed at...
- Badge Making Support for Oakland...
- Tutor at Bret Harte Middle School!
- Become a Part of the Brookfield...
- East Oakland PRIDE Elementary...
- Volunteer at United for Success...
- Urban Promise Academy Needs YOU!
- Make an Impact at Frick Impact...
- Make a Difference at Roosevelt...
- Volunteer at Garfield Elementary!