We invite you to become a weekly volunteer at Urban Promise Academy! This is a vibrant middle school environment where students need your help to succeed. Here is a snapshot of the amazing programs you can support at this school :
COLLEGE FOR ALL
We believe college prep cannot start too early. We give students a glimpse of college life on our overnight college tour field trips, with kids visiting schools like Cal Poly and UC Santa Barbara.
ENGLISH LEARNER AND NEWCOMER SUPPORT
With a high percentage of UPA students being English Language Learners (ELL), we offer intensive support for kids whose first language is not English, including our growing newcomer student population.
URBAN ARTS AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
UPA's eclectic after-school program gives kids the opportunity to expl
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- West Oakland Middle School...
- Literacy Tutors Needed at...
- Volunteer to Appreciate Oakland...
- East Oakland PRIDE Elementary...
- Volunteer at United for Success...
- Urban Promise Academy Needs YOU!
- Make an Impact at Frick Impact...
- Make a Difference at Roosevelt...
- Volunteer at Garfield Elementary!
- Support Computer Science at...
- Badge Making Support for Oakland...
- Tutor at Bret Harte Middle School!
- Become a Part of the Brookfield...