Garfield Elementary is home to many students who are brand new to the U.S., and they need your help to learn English and receive a great education!
Recently arrived students need extra attention to catch up to grade level learning and be set up for success, and we are looking to the power of volunteers for support!
If you can give one hour once a week, that can make a huge difference in the academic outcomes of these special students. Even just having an adult to practice English with one-on-one can create significant progress. We invite you to become an ongoing volunteer to read with these students and help them start to learn to sound out words in English!
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of one hour once a week
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- West Oakland Middle School...
- Literacy Tutors Needed at...
- Badge Making Support for Oakland...
- Tutor at Bret Harte Middle School!
- Become a Part of the Brookfield...
- East Oakland PRIDE Elementary...
- Volunteer at United for Success...
- Urban Promise Academy Needs YOU!
- Make an Impact at Frick Impact...
- Make a Difference at Roosevelt...
- Volunteer at Garfield Elementary!