On weekday morning, Lafayette elementary students need your support to learn how to be great readers! This is a critical time in a students' academic career to set them up for a lifetime full of success!
Volunteer activities include reading with students, reading to students, helping them to learn the alphabet, helping them memorize high frequency words, and helping them learn to sounds-out words.
Our volunteer on-boarding process includes orientation and training to ensure that you are ready to be an excellent tutor!
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour once a week minimum
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- West Oakland Middle School...
- Literacy Tutors Needed at...
- Badge Making Support for Oakland...
- Tutor at Bret Harte Middle School!
- Become a Part of the Brookfield...
- East Oakland PRIDE Elementary...
- Volunteer at United for Success...
- Urban Promise Academy Needs YOU!
- Make an Impact at Frick Impact...
- Make a Difference at Roosevelt...
- Volunteer at Garfield Elementary!