Volunteer Board Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
35 people are interested
Volunteer Board Member
Young Starr Movement, INC.
Greater New York City Area
Seeking Member of the Board of Directors
Young Starr Movement, INC. Nonprofit’s mission is to improve the lives of people affected by domestic violence abuse. The Young Starr Movement, fights for more than 38 million women who have experienced either physical domestic abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse or a combination of all three. There can be and should be a life after a physical or emotional crisis for more people.
Our mission is to educate, empower, support and give necessary resources to rebuild and change lives. The Young Starr Movement provides direct services and life skills training to anyone affected by domestic violence abuse; and community crisis intervention. Our innovative programs and life skills training are aimed at reversing the negative effects of silence and violence affecting thousands of people in our communities.
We are commited to the recovery of women and people of all background and ages through empowerment, stability, and self-fullfilment.
For more information, please visit our website at www.youngstarrmovement.org.
The Board will support the work of Young Starr Movement, INC. and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Young Starr Movement, Founder and President, the Board-President relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as she develops and implements Young Starr Movement, strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Young Starr Movement, for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving Young Starr Movement's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the President.
- Assisting the President and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
- Partnering with the President and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing Young Starr Movement to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring Young Starr Movement’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Young Starr Movement serves.
Young Starr Movement Board Members will consider Young Starr Movement a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority so that Young Starr Movement can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Young Starr Movement, INC. expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Young Starr Movement’s Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Young Starr Movement’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Young Starr Movement’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Young Starr Movement’s beneficiaries.
- Service on Young Starr Movement’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
We'll work with your schedule.
421 Eighth Avenue #992New York City, NY 10116
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- As Needed