MISSION & GOALS
The Tioga County Task Force works to fulfill the mission of the Sierra Club. We are a task force of the Susquehanna Group. We work to organize and coordinate activities, events, and campaigns related to preserving, enjoying, promoting, and protecting the natural resources, public health, and environment in Tioga County.
We seek someone to help out with coordinating efforts to stop bad environmental policy and promote good policy at the local, county, state, and federal level.DESCRIPTION
This position is open to any person with any background and skills, and mentorship and support from experienced leaders will be provided.
We seek someone who is:
a member of the Sierra Club
a team player who demonstrates leadership and support
has good written and verbal communication skills
feels comfortable speaking to public officials
can help arrange constituent meetings and recruit members and supporters to attend public hearings
- likes to keep track of and work on environmental policy
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Biodiversity/Vegetarian Outreach...
- Transportation Team Member
- Fundraising Team Member
- Database and Mapping Project...
- Nuclear Committee Member
- Tioga County Task Force Note Taker
- Social and Online Media...
- Web Manager for the Finger Lakes...
- Legislative Coordinator (Tioga...
- Political Chair in Finger Lakes...