This is a New York State based opportunity.
MISSION & GOALS
The Biodiversity/Vegetarian Outreach Committee educates about the link between the adoption by humans of a plant-based diet and protection of habitat for wildlife, as well as other environmental benefits of a vegetarian/vegan diet.DESCRIPTION
"Give a Wolf (and the World) a Break Today: Go Veggie!" is a handout which provides environmental (and other reasons) for a plant-based diet.
The 4th edition just was printed. You can download it from the Biodiversity/Vegetarian Outreach page at atlantic2.sierraclub.org/conservation/biodiversity, or you can request one or more physical copies from the Chair of the committee, Linda DeStefano, at LDESTEFANO3@twcny.rr.com or (315)488-2140 (8 a.m. - 10 p.m.).
Linda seeks help distributing the handout. Also, visit http://atlantic2.sierraclub.org/conservation/biodiversity for lots of resources and recipes.
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 hour from time to time.
- Biodiversity/Vegetarian Outreach...
- Transportation Team Member
- Fundraising Team Member
- Database and Mapping Project...
- Nuclear Committee Member
- Web Manager for the Finger Lakes...
- Tioga County Task Force Note Taker
- Social and Online Media...
- Legislative Coordinator (Tioga...
- Political Chair in Finger Lakes...