MISSION & GOALS
The Atlantic Chapter of the Sierra Club is our voice in New York State for the nation’s oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization. We work by engaging volunteers to help people explore and enjoy the outdoors, protect and improve the environment, and elect environmental candidates to public office.
Our efforts include stopping fracking in New York State, preventing gas infrastructure buildout, preventing dangerous bomb trains from travelling through our communities, pushing for mandatory GMO labeling, fostering a just transition to renewable energy solutions, and demanding Indian Point nuclear power plant be shut down (just to name a few).
This volunteer will work with the Chapter Executive Committee and Staff to establish a vibrant fundraising committee involved in planning and coordinating the Chapter’s fundraising activities. Much of our Chapter income already derives from ongoing fundraising activities. A Fundraising Committee is needed to strengthen and coordinate fundraising efforts across the Chapter.DESCRIPTION
The Fundraising Team facilitates the work of Chapter-level fundraising volunteers and establishes subcommittees as needed. Team members engage in the following activities:
* developing fundraising strategies.
* organizing volunteers to participate in fundraising efforts.
* identifying volunteers who may be willing/interested in a bigger role in Chapter fundraising - as future members of the Fundraising Committee.
* fostering, developing, and maintaining relationships with donors/potential donors through regular contact.
* developing a major donors program.
- Financial Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment