A firm commitment of 20 to 30 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the academic year depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance.
Brooklyn Multi-Service Community Center, Corp. is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to BkMSCC’s development team. In return, BkMSCC will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, international development, children’s issues, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization.
The Development Intern will report to the Development Associate and the Database and Research Manager, and will support the entire development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist the development staff in entering data into The BkMSCC’s donor database.
* Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets, and industries.
* Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
* Draft correspondence, reports, proposals, and donor appeals.
* Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities.
* Maintain donor files and other development materials.
* Attend department and staff meetings
* Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
* Strong writing and research abilities.
* Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience with databases is a plus.
* Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
* A demonstrated commitment to BkMSCC’s mission and values.
* Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Customer Acquisition
- Market Research / Analysis
- Market Research
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 20 hours
- Computer skills, knowledge of the web