CLEI Development Director
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereEscambia County, FloridaPENSACOLA, FL 32504
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the CLEI’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. Initially reporting to and in collaboration with the CLEI Task Force and Founding Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors, the Development Director will spearhead the initial development and fundraising efforts as the Community Learning Enhancement Institute, Inc. (CLEI), a 501c3 nonprofit organization establishes itself on a small-scaled basis. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to construct and build the development function infrastructure.
- Must embrace the vision and mission of the CLEI
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills, including grant proposal writing skills
- Have prior knowledge and experience in professional, ethical and current nonprofit fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate Task Force, staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to build external relationships.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a proactive attitude, show genuine concern for people and community, demonstrate a positive presence and image, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- BA (required), MA (a plus) in business management, accounting
- Member of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and licensed with the state ofFlorida(solicitor)
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Raiser's Edge and similar fundraising tools and resources
- Develop and execute the CLEI's initial startup campaign fundraising plan
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about the CLEI with the community
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective and consistent communications with them
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts, such as bequest expectancies
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Coordinate and oversee organization of fundraising special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee prospect research, fundraising database and tracking systems
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities
- Maintain gift recognition programs
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge and oversee data entry and gift processing
- Demonstrate professional and ethical conduct at all times
- Attend CLEI Task Force and Board of Director meetings
- Perform other related duties as requested
Although it is preferable for the Development Director to reside in the Northwest Florida area and be a professional certified fundraising solicitor licensed in Florida, the person can remotely operate within Florida. This position could lead to a full-time paid position, if performance is excellent and funding is acquired and available for a salaried position. For more information about the CLEI, please contact Dr. Denise Jamison via firstname.lastname@example.org .
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10+ hours per week