Foremost, the Development Officer is expected to provide general support to Ya'axch? by working flexibly, responsibly, with initiative and in a professional manner, playing an active role as part of Ya'axch?’s team by actively contributing to the organization’s overall objectives and mission.
The Development Officer is expected to work as part of the Development Team, working closely with the Development Manager and the rest of the Ya’axch? staff in development of project concepts and financing, both for specific projects and for the organization as whole.
1. Prospecting for new donors, using online resources and updating the prospect list through the identification of upcoming proposal deadlines.
2. Project development and proposal writing, through consultation within Ya’axch?; Fauna and Flora
International; relevant stakeholders (including community groups when appropriate); donor agencies and private business (when appropriate).
3. Following activities outlined within the Operational Plan, in discussion with the Development Manager.
4. Investigating novel financing mechanisms, through consolation with Ya’axche staff and maintaining donor relations through the Donor Contact Schedule
* Associate or Bachelors level degree in any field
* Excellent written and spoken English essential
* Good working skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience in project development, grant writing and fundraising or interest in learning
* Experience working with communities in developing countries or interest in experience
* Willingness to work and learn from others from different cultures.
There are no program fees charged for this experience, but the volunteer is expected to arrange and pay for:
* Transportation to Punta Gorda, Belize, including airfare.
* Food, personal expenses, in-country travel, rent in Punta Gorda
* Passport, visa, sufficient personal medical insurance
To view the full application packet, including benefits and experiences and application instructions, please visit our website at: http://yaaxche.org/index.php?page=vacancies#DVI
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 40 hours per week
- India: Volunteer for slum...
- Football for Social Change
- Kenya: Program Assistants
- Nepal: Experiential English...
- Belize: Development Manager
- GlobalGiving Coordinator
- Teach Science to Primary School...
- Online: Help us say Thank You to...
- Volunteer to educate 500 youths...
- Kenya: Volunteer with ROF and...
- Thailand: External Relations...
- Nepal: Creative Lessons Teaching...
- India: Provide computer literacy...
- Volunteer Fundraiser
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Programs Assistant
- Online: Social Media Oversight
- El Salvador: Help Plant 100,000...
- Online: Social Media Marketing...
- Online: Social Media Wizard