Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for people who want to volunteer as in home patient companion volunteers. As an in home patient care volunteer you will be able to interact with patients and families on a more personal level and will impact both patients and families in a positive way as they near their end of life. Families benefit from the intervention of the Volunteer who is willing to spend time with the family member which allows the loved ones to get shopping done without the worry of leaving their ill family member at home alone.
By being a hospice volunteer, you can gain great personal satisfaction from knowing that you have made an impact in another person’s life and in your community. Please join our team and make someone's day a little brighter!
Things to know before you apply:
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We ask the following from anyone interested in volunteering:
* Attendance at all training sessions mandated for the type of volunteer work you want to do
* Completion of an interview and service placement meeting
* A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
* Completion of a fingerprint background check (scheduled and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
* Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening ("TST") for volunteers who will work with patients (administered and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
Contact Diannette Rodriguez, Volunteer Specialist, at 407-748-6466 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Bereavement Call Volunteer Needed
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Do you love animals? Do you love...
- Massage Therapy, Art Therapy,...
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Cornerstone Hospice Musical...
- Volunteer Needed to Help Stock...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...