The Attleboro Arts Museum is currently recruiting committed and dynamic individuals to join its Board of Directors. Board members provide strategic leadership and direction to confirm the Museum’s mission. Members will serve as ambassadors for the Attleboro Arts Museum, creating opportunities and nurturing relations in support of its strategic objectives.
The Attleboro Arts Museum is looking for the following areas of expertise in new board members:
- Development/Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Construction/Facilities Management
- Hospitality/Event Planning
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
We welcome new board members of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds that possess:
- A passion for the arts and cultural programs
- Readiness to support the Attleboro Arts Museum through ideas, outreach to personal and professional contacts, and hands-on efforts
- Strong communication and networking skills and success in working within a diverse team
- A high standard of personal ethics, strong character and dependability
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend 5 board meetings per year and one annual meeting (typically scheduled Sept. - June, Tuesday or Wednesday evenings, at Attleboro Arts Museum in Attleboro, MA)
- Sit on one board committee (e.g., Development, Governance, Facilities (meetings are scheduled by committee chairs, based on committee member availability)
- Attend at least 3 Museum events per year (e.g., Exhibition opening receptions - held during evenings and/or Saturday afternoons; Art Lovers Book Club meetings - held on Saturday afternoons; other) in addition to 2 annual flagship, fundraising events: Benefit Auction - held first Saturday evening in November, and Flower Show Benefit Preview - held during the evening in mid/late March.
- Stay informed about the organization
- Personally contribute at a financial level that is meaningful to them
- Support the organization through fundraiser ticket sales
- Contribute towards the creation of a collegial working relationship amongst board members
New board members that live or work in Southeastern, MA/Northern, RI - and beyond - are welcome to apply.
The Attleboro Arts Museum strives for a board composition that reflects a diverse community.
This is an open call for applicants, with no specific deadline. Candidates are invited to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, using the subject: Board Member Application. Please include how you heard bout this opportunity in your cover letter (e.g., name of specific website, organization, other).
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 yearly board meetings & attendance at events