AYSO Region 94 is looking for a new Yearbook & Picture Day Coordinator. The formal job description is below. Basically, we need someone to be responsible for producing and distributing our yearbook as well as coordinating our fall picture day event and distributing pictures and sponsor plaques. We have approximately 900 players in our program. Thanks!
The AYSO volunteer position of yearbook coordinator is intended to organize and produce the region’s yearbook.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities The yearbook coordinator is expected to:
1. Work as a liaison between the regional board and the vendor contracted.
Qualifications and Desired Skills To be considered for the position of yearbook coordinator, the applicant should:
1. Be organized;
2. Be detail oriented; and
3. Successfully pass a screening, including a background check.
Supervision Protocols While performing as the yearbook coordinator, the volunteer is: 1. Subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines of AYSO;
2. Under the overall authority of and directly supervised by the regional commissioner; and
3. To maintain the recommended adult to child supervision ratio of 1:8 or less; that is one adult for every eight or fewer children and two adults (one of whom may be the coach and one of whom should be of the same gender as the group) present at all times. For the protection of both the children and the volunteer, no volunteer should permit himself or herself to be alone with any child or group of children (except his or her own) during AYSO-sponsored activities.
The anticipated time commitment for a yearbook coordinator is a full year.
Orientation, Training, Certification, and Continued Education Provided
To prepare a volunteer for the position of yearbook coordinator, AYSO will offer the following educational opportunities which the volunteer is expected to take advantage of and participate in, as appropriate.
1. Orientation by the regional commissioner;
2. Board and Staff Introductory Certification (BASIC);
3. AYSO Safe Haven Program; and 4. Appropriate Management workshops.
While performing the duties of yearbook coordinator, the volunteer is limited to the following locations, unless expressly authorized in writing by the regional commissioner to hold activities in another location.
1. Regional board meetings;
2. The annual Section Conferences;
3. Assigned field locations;
4. Assigned classroom locations; and
5. Independent work at home alone, in committees of adults, or in a properly supervised situation with children
- Outdoor Recreation
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 per week
- Attend monthly board meetings, be active in our program, some Saturdays