AYSO Region 94 (La Habra) is looking for a new Secreary. Are you organized? Like soccer and youth sports? If so, this might be a good fit for you. Below is the formal job description. Basically, we are looking for someone to take minutes at meetings, be involved on our board (monthly meetings and some attendance at our events), send out emails as needed, reserve rooms for trainings and events, help keep our coaches and team parents informed up upcoming events and activities. Our meetings are the 1st Monday of each month at the LHCC from 7-9pm.
Regional Secretary Position Description ______________________________________________________________________ Purpose The AYSO volunteer position of the Regional Secretary is intended to help with Regional matters as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Secretary is expected to perform their duties consistent with the directions as detailed in the training, certification and continuing education provided by AYSO for this position including: 1. Organize and schedule Regional meetings; 2. Record minutes of the Region meetings and transcribe them for distribution to the Regional staff; and 3. Attend Region meetings (about eight per year) to record minutes, and perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Desired Skills To be considered for the position of Regional Secretary, the applicant must:
1. Annually submit an AYSO Volunteer Application form;
2. Pass the AYSO screening and background check;
3. Be annually approved and duly appointed as Regional Secretary by the Region;
4. Have good computer skills;
5. Be able to take notes at meetings; and
6. Have some knowledge of AYSO.
Supervision Protocols While performing as the Regional Secretary, the volunteer is:
1. Subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines of AYSO;
2. Under the overall authority of and directly supervised by the Regional Commissioner; and supervised indirectly by the Area Director; and
3. To maintain the recommended adult to child supervision ratio of 1:8 or less; that is one adult for every eight or fewer children and two adults (one of whom may be the coach and one of whom should be the same gender as the group) present at all
Regional Secretary Position Description 2013 2 times, for the protection of both the children and the volunteer, no volunteer should permit himself or herself to be alone with any child or group of children (except his or her own) during AYSO-sponsored activities.
Time commitment will vary depending on Region size and length of playing season(s). For the typical AYSO Region, the Regional Secretary will devote about 6 hours per month. Orientation, Training, Certification, and Continued Education Provided
To fully prepare for the position, the Assistant Regional Commissioner is expected to participate in the following training, certification and continuing educational opportunities:
1. Orientation by the Regional Commissioner;
2. AYSO’s Safe Haven - 2 hours; 3. Regional Board Member Training - 1 ¼ hours; Activity
Locations While performing the duties of Assistant Regional Commissioner, the volunteer is limited to the following locations, unless expressly authorized in writing by the Regional Commissioner to hold activities in another location.
1. Regularly scheduled and duly approved inside or outside AYSO activities; and
2. Independent work at home alone, in committees of adults, or in a properly supervised situation with children.
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Be available some Saturdays for events, attend board meetings monthly.