The shelter worker volunteer position will support the advocates and clients by running the day-to-day operations of the Lewis House in Eagan. Some of the duties include, but not limited to:
* Answer and direct phone calls.
* Screen and answer the door, accept donations, direct vendors, inventory and put away grocery orders.
* Support and interact with clients.
* Perform typical office duties, including faxing, copying and printing.
* Follow Lewis House safety and security procedures.
We are looking to fill the following 4 hour shifts:
Mondays 9 am - 1 pm
Tuesdays 9 am - 1 pm or 1 pm - 5 pm
Wednesdays 5 pm - 9 pm
Thursdays 9 am - 1 pm
Fridays 1 pm - 5 pm or 5 pm -9 pm
Extensive training will be provided, therefore we ask for a 6-12 month minimum commitment
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Long term commitment, 1 - four hr shift/wk