Tutor young people and help them to be successful!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis Opportunity Takes Place in Multiple LocationsMetro-west and Boston area, MA 02451
Tutor Program Overview and Purpose:
Ascentria’s Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (URM) program supports unaccompanied minors from around the world. The tutoring program seeks to provide support for our youth in their academic endeavors, giving them the individual care they need to succeed. Tutors will support young adults in our URM program, ages 14-22, through one-on-one tutoring or small group tutoring.
Tutors will be expected to assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom teaching. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor. Tutors will meet in a public space such as a public library or community center.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Meet 1-2 times a week for 1-2 hours
- Help Clean and Detail Donated...
- Mentor - Interact with a group...
- Support our Refugee Resettlement...
- Every Foster Child is Unique
- Make a Difference in the Lives...
- Office Support
- Support Our Refugee Resettlement...
- Like Driving? Why Not Do It for...
- Make a Difference in the Life of...
- Cultural Orientation for Refugees
- Every Person Needs Friendship...
- Tutor young people and help them...