New Beginnings Counseling Center is looking for volunteers with knowledge of social media marketing. New Beginnings is interested in creating a stronger and more consistent social media presence. We are looking for a friendly, easy-going person with creative problem solving skills who can deliver quality results. New Beginnings has a small administrative staff so the volunteer will get experience in many aspects of social media, marketing, event planning, development and administrative work for a nonprofit.
New Beginnings Counseling Center is a local nonprofit that serves veterans, the homeless and housing insecure, and the mentally ill through 5 different programs. www.sbnbcc.org
* Monitor, post, and schedule posts on social networks
* Create and edit media
* Social media optimization
* Draft emails and newsletters using MailChimp
* Test and monitor responses to email campaigns
People completing this volunteer opportunity should have taken classes in or have experience with using social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, Social Media marketing, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of social media posting scheduling programs and Search Engine Optimization highly desired. Video editing experience desired.
What You Will Learn:
1. How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
2. Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
3. Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
4. Experience creating print, digital, and video work.
5. Helping to plan and run online capital fundraising campaigns.
6. Assist our development department in building and presenting social media strategy.
7. Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
1. Strong communication skills.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
3. Comfortable learning new computer programs in a short period of time.
4. Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
5. Creative and Flexible.
6. Willingness to accept and ask for help when you need it.
7. Familiarity with social networking sites
8. Interested in the issues we serve as an agency and a generally socially conscious individual
9. Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our volunteers and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will gain valuable experience in many areas of marketing, social media, graphic design, fundraising, and development in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit environment in Santa Barbara.
This volunteer position is unpaid, 4-8 hours per week. Schedule is flexible. We will provide references and a letter of recommendation upon request. You will also be able to create a portfolio of work completed.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 hours per week, flexible schedule