New Beginnings Counseling Center is looking for a stable volunteer(s) to help with keepign the information on our existing website up-to-date, and is looking for a volunteer with some knowledge Wordpress (including light html coding) to help make small tweaks and updates to an existing site and template. The volunteer will also have a chance to craft and design emails in Mailchimp. We are looking for a friendly, easy-going person with creative problem solving skills who can deliver quality results. New Beginnings has a small administrative staff so the intern will get experience in many aspects of online presence for a nonprofit organization.
New Beginnings Counseling Center is a local nonprofit that serves veterans, the homeless and housing insecure, and the mentally ill through 5 different programs. www.sbnbcc.org
* Update website as assigned
* Website and social media optimization
* Website integration with other services
* Draft emails and newsletters using MailChimp
* Test and monitor responses to email campaigns
Students applying for this internship should have taken classes in or have experience with html/css, Wordpress and/or website design, SEO, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of Mailchimp and video editing desired.
What You Will Learn:
1. Optimizing and editing a website using Wordpress.
2. How to create email campaigns and test and track responses using MailChimp.
3. Helping to plan and run online capital fundraising campaigns.
4. Assist our development department in building and presenting social media strategy.
5. Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
1. Strong communication skills.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
3. Comfortable learning new computer programs in a short period of time.
4. Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
5. Creative and Flexible.
6. Willingness to accept and ask for help when you need it.
7. Familiarity with social networking sites
8. Interested in the issues we serve as an agency and a generally socially conscious individual
9. Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our volunteers and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will gain valuable experience in many areas of marketing, social media, graphic design, fundraising, and development in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit environment in Santa Barbara.
This volunteer position is unpaid, 4-8 hours per week. We will provide references and a letter of recommendation upon request. You will also be able to complete work for your portfolio.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 hours a wekk, flexible schedule