On-Call disaster volunteers act as first responders for the Red Cross to assist victims of disaster. On-call disaster volunteers will be ready to h elp meet immediate emergency needs of family affected by disaster, p rovide refreshments to emergency personnel, p rovide families with established referrals to community resources, and c omplete necessary paperwork for each response.
These volunteers may be responsible for any of the following:
- Traveling to disaster sites to meet with clients
- Working with other emergency responders to assess the scope of the damage
- Assisting with initial set up of emergency shelters
- Working with Red Cross staff to develop response plans
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to regular schedule for six months
- Comfortable working in high-stress situations and responding quickly when called.
- Communications Volunteer
- Volunteer Management Support
- Install Smoke Alarms & Save...
- Flex Your Admin Muscle for the...
- Service to the Armed Forces...
- Disaster Workforce Engagement...
- Disaster Shelter Responder
- Do you like to drive? Transport...
- Disaster On-Call Responder
- Disaster Mental Health Volunteer
- Disaster Health Services Volunteer
- Help Red Cross tell our story!...