Communications volunteers will support the mission of the Red Cross by providing timely, accurate communications to volunteers, staff, and the public via electronic communication, Red Cross website and print communication. Communications volunteers may also attend displays & exhibits, check presentations, pictures, and occasionally might speak in front of the camera.
The responsibilities of the Communication Volunteer include:
- Telling the Red Cross story through blog posts
- Help keep up the Red Cross Twitter and Facebook pages
- Interact with the media at the scenes of disasters
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- On-call or scheduled a minimum of six months
- A background in journalism or public relations is a plus but not required.
- Communications Volunteer
- Install Smoke Alarms & Save...
- Volunteer Management Support
- Flex Your Admin Muscle for the...
- Service to the Armed Forces...
- Disaster Workforce Engagement...
- Disaster Shelter Responder
- Disaster On-Call Responder
- Do you like to drive? Transport...
- Disaster Mental Health Volunteer
- Disaster Health Services Volunteer
- Help Red Cross tell our story!...