Oregon Outreach Board of Directors is Recruiting!
43 people are interested
Oregon Outreach Inc is a nonprofit alternative high school that serves at-risk youth who have not been successful in the main stream school system. The mission of OOI is to provide an accredited academic program along with a comprehensive support system that enables youth to succeed in the classroom, at home, and in the community.We currently have 4 schools, and provide education services to students in 5 different school districts.
Our organization has been working with youth in the Portland/Metro area for over 30 years! We may be small, but we are mighty! We are an accredited high school program offering students that opportunity to graduate with an Oregon diploma, and to develop transition plans for post secondary.
As a member of our board of directors, you will directly contribute to growing the future of our organization. In this leadership role, you will work closely with the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director to develop and manage strategic planning, network with other non profits, and be a part of changing the lives of youth.
Expectations of a member of the OOI Board of Directors are as follows:
- Support the Mission Statement of OOI.
- Actively engage in OOI.
- Work as a part of a cohesive team with common goals.
- Share his/her skills and expertise.
- Dedicate time to OOI board and committee meetings.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the board.
- Volunteer and assist in OOI’s programs and events, including fundraising efforts.
- Participate actively in board meetings, actions, fundraisers and public events.
- Have no more than (3) consecutive unexcused absences from board meetings and/or activities.
- Represent all those whom this organization serves and not a particular geographic area or interest group.
- Remain aware of the activities that are planned and make yourself available to participate.
- Declare conflicts of interest as it pertains to your position on the board and abstain from voting when appropriate.
- Do your best to ensure that OOI is well-maintained, financially secure, growing and always operating in the best interest of the nonprofit organization.
We will be holding an orientation for applicants that will review in more depth our program, duties of a board member, by- laws, and student experiences.
If you are interested, please email your resume and a brief letter of your interest in working with our organization to Katie Carpenter, email@example.com.
We invite you to learn more about OOI by visiting our website: www.oregonoutreach.org
Volunteers and Board members receive no remuneration for their services.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2215 N Lombard St.Portland, OR 97217
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Youth Services
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Strategic Planning
- Must be at least 18
- 6 to 10 hours per month