Gilbert House Children's Museum is seeking enthusiastic individuals looking for experience working in an educational camp-like setting during Spring Break. Camp Volunteers will assist the Camp Educators and gain experience with child supervision, group management, activity facilitation, customer service, and public speaking. The week's theme is Wacky Science and there will be two groups of 10 campers to work with.
- Must be 14 years or older
- 18+ must have criminal background check
- Have the ability to interact with children and families
- Ability to listen to instruction and willingness to engage
- Skills preferred but not require -- knowledge of Gilbert House Children's Museum history and exhibits, ability to address and manage small groups, ability to facilitate activities to individuals or groups.
Time Commitment: We would like volunteers to commit to the week and be available to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per day.
Benefits: Besides being able to volunteer in a wildly fun place with great people, volunteers that earn 100 hours may receive a 1-year Museum Membership.
Process: If you are interested, please contact Ryan at email@example.com or 503-371-3631. You must complete a Volunteer Application and have an interview in order to be considered.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Seeking 1-week commitment with a min. of 4 hrs/day
- Looking for enthusiastic, positive, fun individuals.