The New York Junior League is seeking a current college student or current graduate student who is interested in serving as a Development and Communications Intern for college credit. They would provide a wide range of database, administrative, fundraising events, and general support to the NYJL’s Development and Communications team.
In return, the NYJL will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain valuable experience and familiarity with areas such as development, fundraising events, Annual Fund, and development communications as well as the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization that is invested in the future of New York City. The Development and Communications Intern will report to the Director of Development and Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Development staff in planning and executing events and other activities including entering and cleaning data on the NYJL’s database.
- Conduct research on potential corporate partners and corporate matching gifts.
- Assist the Communications team with social media content building.
- Attend department and staff meetings.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Desire to learn more about development and communications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to the NYJL’s mission and values.
- Experience with Digital Cheetah desired but not required.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva is desired but not required.
- Experience working with Hootsuite desired but not required.
- Donor Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours per week