The Longest Day is a unique event to raise funds to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. It is held on or near the summer solstice each June. Participants are encouraged to create their own experiences as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love or by doing something to honor a person living with or lost to the disease.
Our Goals for The Longest Day:
Recruit 66 Event/team captains to raise $90,000
- 50%+ of 2016 teams retained
- Create a fun and energetic day for the community to raise awareness and funds while honoring those impacted by this disease.
The Longest Day Volunteer Committee Responsibilities:
- Choose a target segment based upon your interest (i.e.: fitness studios, bakeries, young professionals, running clubs, scrapbooking groups, art studios, shopping centers, etc.).
- Recruit new participants and coach them about The Longest Day. Access support from the Chapter staff lead for this meeting, if you’d like.
- Cultivate and retain returning teams in order to achieve fundraising goals.
- Coach participants in their fundraising efforts.
- Attend monthly Team Task Force meetings from November through June.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 months