TITLE: Volunteer Treasurer
JOB SUMMARY: The Treasurer sits on the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing the financial assets and liabilities of Peninsula Seniors. The Treasurer assists the Executive Director and Board with the financial management of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets
- Prepare, present, and explain monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Prepare payroll and file payroll taxes
- Supervise accounting process
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Create journal entries
- Signer on bank accounts
- Ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with our policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements and tax filings with certified public accountants
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Familiar with QuickBooks Online (QBO), accounting principles and processes; is detailed and organized, mindful of deadlines, communicates well with auditors, other board members and volunteers, employees, and public. Maintains high standards and integrity. Maintains confidentiality with sensitive organizational information. Identify and manage risk.
Financial accounting, controls and budgeting; computer literate, knowledge of QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word).
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10 to 20 hrs / week; ultimately 5 to 10 hrs / week